So now you got a new iPhone and would like all your all apps and photos from your old phone?
It is really simple, just follow these steps:
- Make sure iTunes is installed on your computer
- Connect your old phone. Go to iTunes and make a Backup of the phone. If you select Encrypt backup then WiFi and email passwords will be kept.
- Disconnect old phone
- Remove SIM card from old phone and put it in the new phone.
- Start your new phone. After a few simple choices there will be a screen “Set up iPhone”. Choose Restore from iTunes Backup.
- Connect your new phone to the computer. Itunes will let you choose the backup that you just made. Takes a while to restore.. wait for it. Possibly a restart will happen (of the phone).
- After a while it is done. Then just Sync the phone from iTunes and your phone will be populated with your apps.
- Disconnect phone
More details at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2109